The Coleshill Sixth Form’s aim is to foster a vibrant, supportive and happy sixth form community in which each student is encouraged to develop a wide range of intellectual, cultural and recreational interests, to strive for excellence in fulfilling their potential and to develop a sense of independence and social and moral responsibility in preparation for the roles they will play in the wider community of the 21st century.
We operate in a purposeful, friendly and adult environment in which students are encouraged to develop a sense of independence and take responsibility for their study; this can perhaps best be described as ‘challenge with support’. The two years in the Sixth Form are important in shaping your future career and education and will also, we hope, be remembered as an exciting and enjoyable experience.
The Coleshill School offers students a chance to continue developing the skills and attitudes that are required later in life. It provides opportunities for extra – curricular and community interests and students are given every encouragement to be leaders in the school through our unique Leadership Award.
Above all the Sixth Form is about helping you realise your potential whatever it is. We want our Sixth Formers to be successful and happy whether this is success in university entrance, in your chosen career or in developing your wider potential. We also want our Sixth Formers to be considerate and responsible members of a happy and thriving community.
MR G. OWEN
Head of Sixth Form
Meet the team
Mr G. Owen
Head of Sixth Form
Mrs E Bishop
Careers and pastoral support
Miss N Martin
Sixth Form Progress Leader
- Student Hut – The Complete Guide to Revision
- TED Talks – A fantastic resource for developing stretch and challenge in your subject and general knowledge. Great for inspiring your EPQ project and adding spice to your University application
- Apprenticeships Page – All you need to know about apprenticeships
- UCAS – All the information you need about University choices and applications. Some great videos to help you get started. Also see the link to the widget!
- STUDENT HUT – ‘Like tripadvisor for sixth formers’ a guide to universities
- Which University – One of the many great online university resources
- Unistats – The official website for comparing UK higher education course data
- The Complete University Guide – Does what it says on the tin
- Guardian website – Probably the best newspaper guide. Also the general website is a great source of subject support and general knowledge
- Not going to uni – Great for apprenticeships and jobs – much better than the official apprenticeships site!
- National careers service – Full of useful advice and support
- Future learn – Why not try a free online course. Run by universities, available to sixth formers in a range of subjects. Guaranteed to enhance your Personal Statement or CV.
- Family Lives – Advice website for parents with teenagers. Some useful guidance
- Student Finance England – A guide to help you through applying for finance for University